At Corridor Broadway Bootcamp we focus on providing a memorable summer theatre experience for all participants. Our goal is to ensure a fun confidence-building, educational experience for our campers, while putting on a show that includes professional costumes, incredible sets, and is presented in a real state of the art theatre. All of our shows are popular, age-appropriate, one-act Broadway Musicals with large casts so every child can have a spotlight moment.
There are no scary auditions. Casting occurs during the first few days of camp. We start singing the music from the show on the first day of camp, read scenes together as a group on the second day of camp, and announce the cast on the third day of camp. We want casting to be as fun and non-threatening as possible! Lead roles are frequently double-cast to provide more opportunities to take on larger roles. It’s great to see the kids who have the same roles working supportively together on their roles.
Typical Daily Schedule
- 9:30am – Attendance & announcements
- 9:40am – Physical warm-up (all)
- 10:00am – Acting class (three groups)
- 11:15am – Snack (all)
- 11:30am – Group breakout – D/M/S
- 12:30pm – Lunch (all)
- 1:00pm – Staging the Play or Group games or Music rehearsal
- 3:30pm – Parent pickup
- Who: Bootcamp is open to all children entering grades 3 – 10.
- Cost: The cost is $875 per child (a $100 discount is provided for siblings).
- Deposit: A $50 deposit will hold your child’s spot. First come, first serve, limited spaces available. Save $25 if paid in full by June 1.
- Where: Bootcamp is held at Zion Lutheran Church located at 310 N Johnson St, Iowa City, IA 52245 and Coralville Center for the Performing Arts located at 1301 5th St, Coralville, IA 52241.
- Bring: All children are expected to bring a lunch. Cold juice drinks and snacks are provided throughout the day.
- Register today!